A BIG Thank you to all the exhibitors, industry
colleagues and media partners in making 6th REI 2012 Expo a huge success!
Spread over 25,000 sqm, the expo was enriched by 475 exhibitors displaying
their cutting-edge technology, products and services, 172 high-profiled
speakers, multiple knowledge-packed interactive conference sessions, high-level
workshops, concurrent activities of Business Matching, Youth Entrepreneurial
Green Awards, Theme Display awards, Lucky Draws and participation from 10,169
domestic and international trade professionals.
We look forward to welcoming you at the 7th edition of Renewable Energy India
Expo being held from 12-14 September 2013 at the India Expo Centre and Mart,
Greater Noida ( National Capital Region of Delhi) India.
- The renewable energy supports the government's objectives of 'inclusive growth' and is part of solutions to meet nation's energy needs
- The sector has grown at an annual rate of 23% to about 25,000 MW in March 2012
- The renewable power installed capacity forms 6.5% in the total electricity mix and 12.5% of total installed capacity in 2011- 2012
- With 17,352 MW of generation, WIND continues to account for 70% of installed capacity
- RE generation from Small Hydro power is 3395 MW |Biomass power is 3224 MW and Solar power is 1028 MW
- Capacity addition of 30,000 MW is planned from various renewable energy technologies in the next five years
- Wind Energy is estimated to contribute 15,000 MW followed by solar power at 10,000 MW, small hydro by 2100 MW and biomass power by 2700 MW
- Cleantech sector has the potential to generate 10 mn jobs in India by 2025