The 13th edition of REI Expo promises to bolster India’s image as a clean energy champion
~Giving the Business of Power ...the Power to Do Business~
18th September’19, New Delhi: The 13th edition of Renewable Energy India 2019 Expo observed a grand opening on the first day, with participation from leading international stakeholders and experts from across the globe at the India Expo Centre, Greater Noida.
Over the years, REI has been established as the most comprehensive, reputed and Asia’s largest expo in this domain where the green community congregates to discuss the trends, addresses challenges and showcases the best and most innovative technological solutions available to overcome them. This year, the event brought together decision makers and influencers as well as technical experts and professionals from leading companies involved in the renewable energy generation, transmission and distribution to regulatory framework and its challenges.
The expo commenced with an opening ceremony where global and national leaders, from Bloomberg New Energy Finance, EY India Power & Utilities Leader, and Freiburg among others joined hands to encourage World Energy Sustainability along with key government dignitaries from Brazil, government of India, state of Madhya Pradesh, State of Telangana to highlight benefits & future plans.
The panel was graced by key dignitaries - Mr. Justin Wu, Head of APAC, Bloomberg New Energy Finance; Mr. Somesh Kumar, EY India Power & Utilities Leader; Shri Ajay Mishra, IAS, Special Chief Secretary, Energy Department, Government of Telangana; Shri Manu Srivastava, IAS, Principal Secretary, New & Renewable Energy Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh; Prof. Eicke R. Weber, Former Director, Fraunhofer ISE, Freiburg ; Dr. Michael K. Dorsey, Co-founder and Principal of Around the Corner Capital ,Partner, IberSun (Spain/USA) & Pahal Solar (India); Md. Enamul Karim Pavel, Head of Renewable Energy, IDCOL, Bangladesh; Md. Enamul Karim Pavel, Head of Renewable Energy, IDCOL, Bangladesh; Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, for Informa Markets in India and Mr. Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director, Informa Markets in India.
INDIA’S KEY ACHIVEMENTS INCLUDE
- Phenomenal dip in solar tariffs to a record low of USD 0.0334 per unit because of the increasing viability of Solar energy products. 10% provision of roof top solar and Renewable Energy as mandatory under mission statement and Guidelines for all the 100 Smart Cities
- Successfully leading the climate change deal amongst 195 countries at COP 21 in Paris, with 40% commitment for non-fossil fuel based energy by 2030. 72 GW installed capacity, the total share of Renewable Energy has now increased to 20% of the total installed capacity
- Construction of world’s largest solar park, (2 GW when fully complete) in full swing at Pavagada Taluk, Tumakuru District of Karnataka which is set to become the largest solar park in a single location.
- Most comprehensive power sector reform ever, UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) for financial turnaround of Power Distribution Companies
- Construction of Green Energy Corridor to strengthen the transmission of renewable Energy 35 solar parks with overall capacity of 20,514 MW in 21 States has been approved