Empowering India’s renewable mission to a new high
REI 2018, Asia’s largest and most influential event in REI Domain, at a glance:
- Asia’s leading Renewable Energy Expo by UBM India from 18 – 20 Sep. 2018
- 750 + Exhibitors, 35000 + Business visitors from 45 countries across the globe
- 3-day power packed conference – ‘Accelerating Momentum…From Ambition to Action’. Conference to highlight innovations, challenges, successful case studies and deliberations taking the sector forward
- EU - India Clean Energy & Climate Days and International Matchmaking organized by Business Beyond Borders (BBB), an ambitious project invoking SMEs and Clusters by Euro Chambers & supported by European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC)
- 4th edition of Renewable Energy India Awards to recognize Innovation & Excellence in the field of Renewable Energy
The 12thedition of Renewable Energy India Expo (REI), hosted by UBM India, India’s leading exhibitions’ organizer, is all set to start in a magnificent way this year with the presence of leading international stakeholders and experts. The expo is scheduled for 18th – 20th September 2018 at the India Expo Center, Greater Noida.
A leading expo in its domain, REI is the most comprehensive and reputed global platform where India’s green economy community congregates to discuss industry trends, challenges and market insights including the Indian regulatory framework in the august presence of international stakeholders of repute. The event aims to further upscale and mainstream the applications of renewable energy resources, showcase product launches, innovations, and augment the forethought through the international exhibitions and conference platform.
With India being one of the leading country with the significant production of energy from renewable sources, the exhibition industry plays a very significant role in creating a holistic community in the RE space by congregating key stakeholders from abroad and in India. With this objective in mind, UBM India’s signature show Renewable Energy India (REI) has over the years worked to get international brands to its show to give Indian manufacturers much more leeway to network, develop the knowledge landscape, engage in a balanced technology mix, and conduct business, all of which potentially leads to investments, and MoUs.
This year at REI for instance, we have the privilege of collaborating with very reputed international organizations in the domain on an unprecedented scale. There is no doubt that all these factors will help further accelerate the growth and outreach of the sector and contribute to the country’s sustainable economic development.
Key trends of the Renewable Energy:
Holistic view of Renewables: While Solar Energy might be the strongest link in the Renewable Energy chain in India because of its climate and economy, the domain is increasingly being seen as a holistic component with energy from wind and bio mass as well.
Energy storage: The stakeholders are increasingly building up knowledge of energy storage and its’ value for a more flexible and reliable grid system. For example, solar batteries at homes can store excess solar power for later use – at a time when the sun isn’t shining. These batteries can also offer short-term backup power if there is a power outage in the area.
Waste to energy: Waste management is a rising crisis in many Indian cities including most significantly its capital New Delhi. Waste-to- energy plants that would process the city’s waste is seen as a viable solution for the future.
E-mobility: A rethink in the area of finite energy supply has led to a focus on automobile electrification and a lot of research and development is going into it. E-mobility can be viewed as a major step towards avoiding the consequences of climate change in the future.
Digitalisation: Given the vast potential of renewable energy, it has become important to enable stakeholders to integrate and manage the technical and financial performance of their energy portfolios. The IoT (Internet of Things) and Big Data analytics is the way forward and is set to revolutionise the sector.
Partner Support and Countries Participating:
In its 12th year, REI will see active participation from countries high on the Renewable Energy Attractive Index such as Germany, Japan, Spain, China besides Chinese Taipei amongst host of other countries. It is supported by, EU-India – Clean Energy & Climate Days and Business Beyond Borders (BBB) , National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ), European Business Technology Center (EBTC), Euro Chambers, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, Indo-Germany Energy Forum (IGEF), European Union, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Bridge to India, Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore ( SERIS ), Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association (APVIA), TFE Consulting GmbH, pv magazine, Indian Biogas association and German Biogass Association (IBA and GBA) to name a few.
Dignitaries and Industry Visionaries:
The expo will see the presence of key dignitaries including Shri Ajay Mishra, IAS, Special Chief Secretary to Government, Energy Department, Govt. of Telangana, Shri Manu Srivastava, IAS, Principal Secretary, New and Renewable Energy Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh; Dr. Jasper Wieck, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany; Mr. Takashi Omote; Executive Director, NEDO, Japan; Ms Henriette Henriette Faergemann, First Counsellor, Head of Section, Environment, Energy, Climate Change, Urbanisation, Mobility, Foreign Policy Instrument with Delegation of EU to India, Mr Justin Wu, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Ms. Margaret Ma-Connolly, CEO, UBM Asia; Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India and Mr. Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director, UBM India, during the high profile Opening Ceremony on 18th September.
Exhibitors and Pavilions:
Bringing together manufacturers, EPC and service providers, the expo will have 750 + Exhibitors including Tata Power Solar, Adani Power, Vikram Solar, Waaree Energies, JA Solar, Huawei, Jinko Solar, Sungrow, Canadian Solar, Mahindra Susten, ABB, Siemens Gamesa, Patanjali, Havells, Meyer Burger and Trina Solar, amongst others. The show will feature pavilions from Germany, EU, Japan, Spain, China and Chinese Taipei to name a few.
Three-day Content-led Conference:
A power packed three-day conference themed ‘Accelerating Momentum…From Ambition to Action’ will take place encompassing knowledge-rich sessions, workshops and panel discussions spearheaded by reputed global and local bodies such as European Union, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Bridge to India, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), Indo-German Energy Forum ( IGEF ), Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore ( SERIS ), Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association (APVIA), TFE Consulting GmbH, pv magazine and Indian Biogas Association and German Biogass Association (IBA and GBA).
- New Market and upcoming Business Opportunities in the Wind Sector, On & Off shore, in India
- Upcoming Opportunities and Niche Markets for Solar PV in India
- Shaping the Future of Indian Solar
- Trends and Technologies in Renewable Energy
- Embracing Digitalization of Energy Through Data and Technology
- Solar Power in India/ Energy Efficiency in Buildings and Green Cooling/ Offshore Wind
- Women in the Renewable Sector and their Perspective with Technology and Innovation
What’s happening at REI Expo 2018:
- Make in India Session by Bridge to India
- Master Class on Corporate Renewable PPAs by WBCSD
- CEO Conclave and Finance Leadership Forum ( Exclusive close-door and all-interactive format )
- Sessions on Electric Vehicle Charging and Battery Energy Storage
- Full day conference program by IBA in association with GBA (Indian Biogas Association and German Biogas Association (IBA and GBA)
- Quality Roundtable by pv magazine
- Future PV Session by pv magazine, Germany
- CEO Conclave and Finance Leadership Forum
The trade show will be preceded by the 4th Renewable Energy India Awards on 17 Sep. a day prior to the expo. The Awards aims to recognize the efforts, innovation, and excellence and promote the talent in the industry. The Awards will have an august audience of industry stalwarts competing under various categories from both manufacturing and implementing communities.