The Indian growth story no longer needs to be validated and verified as India is set to become one of the largest solar Hub globally in the coming years. Driving on the surge is the growing renewable energy industry with vision on the future and systematic year on year growth.
Renewable Energy India expo celebrated 12 glorious years of Global entrepreneurship and unparalleled industry collaborations during September 2018
Congregation of International stakeholders with cutting edge technology and products the expo boasts of unparallel collaborations from across the globe.
India is on the ambitious path to implement the world’s largest Renewable Energy expansion program. It’s growing stature and successful leadership position at International Solar Alliance (ISA) has prompted even the countries outside of the tropics in entering the alliance. The international Solar Alliance (ISA) is conceived as a coalition of solar resource rich countries to address their special energy needs and provide a platform to collaborate on addressing the identified gaps through a common, agreed approach.
INDIA’S KEY ACHIVEMENTS INCLUDE
- Phenomenal dip in solar tariffs to a record low of USD 0.0334 per unit because of the increasing viability of Solar energy products. 10% provision of roof top solar and Renewable Energy as mandatory under mission statement and Guidelines for all the 100 Smart Cities
- Successfully leading the climate change deal amongst 195 countries at COP 21 in Paris, with 40% commitment for non-fossil fuel based energy by 2030. 72 GW installed capacity, the total share of Renewable Energy has now increased to 20% of the total installed capacity
- Construction of world’s largest solar park, (2 GW when fully complete) in full swing at Pavagada Taluk, Tumakuru District of Karnataka which is set to become the largest solar park in a single location.
- Most comprehensive power sector reform ever, UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) for financial turnaround of Power Distribution Companies
- Construction of Green Energy Corridor to strengthen the transmission of renewable Energy 35 solar parks with overall capacity of 20,514 MW in 21 States has been approved