Taking a step further in the process of upscaling and mainstreaming the deployment of Renewable Energy globally, with an aim to reducing the carbon foot prints, we welcome you to our 2nd edition of “Renewable Energy Growth Forum - Sri Lanka Chapter”
On the heels of immense success of our maiden edition, we invite you to the 2nd edition of Renewable Energy Growth Forum, being held during 6 – 7 February, 2019 in the city of Colombo. The event will witness an enhanced vision keeping in line with changing times, newer technologies and innovative financing mechanisms.
International Solar Alliance pledged by 121 “Sunshine” countries for the growth and sustenance of the Solar Energy, forms one of the key pillars for delivering global sustainable environment and the commitment to meet climate change targets. The renewable energy sector has matured over the time with huge investments being ploughed into it globally.
Advantage Sri Lanka:
• The Government embarks upon an ambitious plan of adding 60% energy mix entirely from Renewable Energy sources by 2030
• Asian Development Bank (ADB) has provided US$50 million in funds for the implementation of Solar Energy program
• Government is planning to build largescale wind power plants
• Current market conditions in the country are highly favourable for Rooftop Solar system development
• Government plans to add 200 MW of solar by 2020 and 1,000 MW by 2025