UBM India’s REI 2017 reiterates renewed focus on Renewable Energy sector
Asia’s Largest Energy Trade Expo has an outstanding 11th edition
REI 2017 at a glance:
Over 750 Exhibitors, over xx% increase in Trade Visitors footfall, Participation from 45 Countries, xxxx Conference Delegates besides multiple Country Pavilions
Renewed support of Central & State Governments and Key Nodal Agencies ; Indian and International Participation, Global Interest, International Investments & Technology Breakthroughs marked the 11th edition of REI
Three day high impact conferences - ‘Accelerating Momentum...From Ambition to Action’ Conference captured the entire essence of the Renewable Energy Spectrum with multiple Conference Sessions , Workshops and 200 Speakers on-board that discussed innovations, technology, challenges and way forward
An exclusive Session on “International Solar Alliance” by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, reinforced the key aspects of policy and the growing importance of Indian Leadership on the World Energy Map
A powerful interactive session, Advantage Rajasthan conducted in presence of the state’s Minister of Energy and key officials
Crucial Industry Dialogues in the form of CEO Roundtable and Finance Leaders Forum, took forward important discussions on Industry, Policy and International perspective
The 3rd edition of the Renewable Energy India (REI) Awards, a prelude to the REI Expo, recognised and honoured excellence in the various facets of the Renewable Energy project development and performance
Delhi (NCR), 27th September 2017: UBM India successfully concluded the 11th edition of the Renewable Energy India (REI) Expo, the three day show (held between 20th to 22ndSeptember 2017) at the India Expo Center, Greater Noida. The expo was inaugurated by key dignitaries , Shri Anand Kumar, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India; Shri Upendra Tripathy, IAS, Interim Director General, International Solar Alliance (ISA); Mr. Justin Wu, Head of APAC, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Hong Kong; Ms. Henriette Faergemann, Counsellor – Environment, Energy, Climate Change, Delegation of the European Union to India; Mr. Hans-Josef Fell, President of the Energy Watch Group (EWG ) & Former Member of German Parliament; Mr. Naoki Tomotake, Director General International Affairs, NEDO, Japan; Mr. Rene Van Berkel, UNIDO Representative to India; Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India; Mr. Michael Duck, Senior Vice President, UBM Asia, and Mr. Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director, UBM India, amidst an august industry gathering.
The event was supported by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India (MNRE), Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI), Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA), New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) Japan, Indo German Energy Forum (IGEF), Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), Mercom Capital, etc.
Speaking on the successful conclusion of REI 2017, Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India Pvt. Ltd, said, “With REI Expo 2017, UBM India reinforced the bond amongst the industry, Government & Investors. The expo ably supported the Indian Government’s endeavours of a quantum growth in the renewable energy sector by serving as an Industry catalyst, bringing in the international fraternity, including investors and technological experts, to India.”
He further added, “REI is the most comprehensive platform covering innovations, policies and processes in the RE sector covering key categories from Solar, to Bio-energy in Asia.This year, the shows witnessed stellar numbers in terms of participation by exhibitors comprising key organisations, and visitors -- including top notch government dignitaries, global thought leaders, and media adding to its rich legacy. With seminars, business, live performances, networking nights, strategic tie-ups, creative engagements, felicitations, awards and stunning innovations vying for attention of the filled to capacity crowd, the energy and buzz around REI 2017 was noteworthy and inspiring.”
The 11th edition of the expo duly concluded amidst industry applauds from both International participants as well as Central & State Governments. Among other highlights, the CEO Roundtable was especially remarkable, with CEOs from 36 reputed organisations discussing the success and challenges in the sector. It saw participation from countries high on the Renewable Energy Attractiveness Index such as India, Japan, Germany, France, Poland, USA, Korea, China and Taiwan amongst others and was marked by the presence of large Government bodies like International Solar Alliance ( ISA ), MNRE, SECI, IREDA , NEDO to name a few. The expo saw an increase of over 100 new exhibitors this year, with a total of over 750 Exhibitors on the floor. It also featured prominent country pavilions from Japan, China, Poland, France, Korea, and Taiwan to name a few.
What was new at REI this year?
· India’s first Mobile PV test lab on display by Mahindra Susten
· Quality Round Table - An interactive forum by PV Magazine, Germany
· Solar Super Heroes by PV Magazine, Germany
· Skill Competition for Solar Installers
· Solar Design Challenge for EPCs and Developers
· Master class by Enphase Energy, USA: To provide Installers and Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies (EPCs) with knowledge on innovations behind micro-inverter technologies and how micro-inverters are best suited for the Indian rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) market.
· CEO Roundtable and Finance Roundtable took forward important discussions on Industry, Policy and International perspective
· ‘Advantage Rajasthan’ a seminar by the state of Rajasthan to attract potential investors, manufacturers and developers
· Workshop on ‘Driving operational excellence in Solar & Wind asset management’ by 3E, Belgium and Wise Energy, UK.
· A power packed three-day conference themed ‘Accelerating Momentum...From Ambition to Action’ commenced, encompassing knowledge -rich sessions by the MNRE, ISA, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), IGEF, MNRE – EU Technical Cell, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, PV Magazine, Skill Council for Green Jobs, and Mercom Capital .
The trade show was preceded by the 3rd Renewable Energy India Awards that aimed to recognise the innovation and excellence in the industry, and promote their talent. The Awards had an august audience of industry stalwarts competing under various categories from both manufacturing and implementing communities. It included a panel discussion on ‘Defining the Future in the Age of Falling RE Tariffs’ with eminent industry speakers
The REI Expo served as a showcase and launch pad for companies to introduce new products and technologies. These included:
· Sova Solar, manufacturer of cost effective high quality solar photovoltaic products for both grid connected & off- grid power products like Solar Pumps, Solar Street Light etc. launched Solar Photo Voltaic modules ‘SS-Perc and SS-1500 volts’. These products will enable more efficiency, longevity and will have higher power generation capacity suiting the need of Indian market.
· ADANI POWER - MUNDRA SOLAR PV LTD., announced the launch of a new PV module range like – 5 BB (Bus Bar) – Mono Perc, 5 BB – Multi Crystalline, 5 BB - Bifacial. Earlier there were 4 BB PV Modules and they are still in production.
· Micromax Energy, launched their latest invention – Smart Energy Saving and Storage Solution ( ESSS ) which aims to leverage the cheaper energy supplied at night ( typically from 10 pm to 5 am ) to reduce the total cost of energy to the consumer.
· Canadian Solar, launched one of their major products, KU Max ( CS3U ) based on solar energy. ( More details to be added )
· Rays Power Infra, launched their new venture ‘Rays Future Energy’ at the expo with a focus on showcasing solar energy solutions such as E mobility, battery storage and solar products.
· Havells India, launched its new optimized based technology and solar powered AC at REI. ( More details to be added )
· Huawei, launched Panel technology and Clean Robot ( More details to be added )
About UBM India:
UBM India is India's leading exhibition organizer that provides the industry with platforms that bring together buyers and sellers from around the world, through a portfolio of exhibitions, content led conferences & seminars. UBM India hosts over 25 large scale exhibitions and 40 conferences across the country every year; thereby enabling trade across multiple industry verticals. A UBM Asia Company, UBM India has offices across Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai. UBM Asia is owned by UBM plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. UBM Asia is the leading exhibition organizer in Asia and the biggest commercial organizer in mainland China, India and Malaysia.
For further details, please visit www.ubmindia.in.
About UBM plc:
UBM plc is the largest pure-play B2B Events organiser in the world. In an increasingly digital world, the value of connecting on a meaningful, human level has never been more important. At UBM, our deep knowledge and passion for the industry sectors we serve allow us to create valuable experiences where people can succeed. At our events people build relationships, close deals and grow their businesses. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors – from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. These global networks, skilled, passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; for UBM corporate news, follow us on Twitter at @UBM, UBM Plc LinkedIn